Link to Mayors
The League Member Forums listed below are continuations of the listservs we have managed for the past several years.
Forums open to League member city officials
- Building Officials: Available to certified Minnesota building officials and related staff employed by state or local government who administer construction codes in Minnesota.
- City Attorneys: Devoted to issues and trends facing city attorneys. Open to all Minnesota city attorneys.
- City Communicators: Devoted to issues and trends facing those city staff who have responsibility for marketing, publications, crisis communications, etc. Open to all Minnesota city officials with communications responsibilities.
- City IT Professionals: Devoted to the interests of city IT professionals. Share ideas, concerns, issues and resolutions unique to city operations, technology management, budgeting, staffing, vendors, projects, etc. Open to all Minnesota city information technology professionals.
- Clerk/Administrators: Devoted to issues and trends facing city clerks and administrators. Share information and questions about the many responsibilities and requirements of this role, and on general city operations. Open to clerks, administrators and related staff (such as deputy clerks or assistant administrators) and elected officials of League of Minnesota Cities members.
- Finance-Treasurers: Devoted to those with city finance responsibilities. Share information and questions about the many responsibilities and requirements of this role, and on general city operations. Open to Minnesota city finance officers, city treasurers, and related staff such as clerk-treasurers, finance managers, assistant finance directors.
- HR/Personnel Services: Devoted to issues and trends facing those with human resources and benefits responsibilities. Membership is limited to elected city officials and city staff who are responsible for the human resources function. We encourage cities to limit participation to one city representative.
- Public Works: Devoted to information-sharing on city public works issues. Open to all Minnesota public works employees and related staff and officials.
- IGR: Annexation: Annexation promises be a hot issue at the Capitol, and the League encourages cities to get involved in advocacy on this issue. Open to any city elected officials or staff interested in annexation issues.
- IGR: Legislative: Forum members will receive requests from the League for members to contact their legislators on hot legislative issues. Open to any city elected officials or staff interested in periodic legislative updates.
- IGR: Elections: Periodic messages will be posted asking for input from members on various election issues. Open to any city staff or officials interested in elections issues.
- IGR: Telecommunications: Periodic messages will be posted asking for input from members on various telecommunications issues. Open to any city elected officials or staff interested in telecommunications issues.
- IGR: Housing: Housing issues continue to be an area of legislative attention at the Capitol, and cities need to be involved. Open to any city elected officials or staff interested in housing issues.
- IGR: Transportation: Transportation issues have received significant attention at the Capitol in recent years, and likely will continue to be an area of focus in the upcoming session. Cities need to stay involved. Open to any city elected officials or staff interested in transportation issues.
Forums open to members of League affiliates (contact the affiliate to learn how to become a member)
- City Engineers: Devoted to issues and trends facing city engineers. Must be a member of City Engineers Association of Minnesota (CEAM) to sign up for this forum.
Learn about CEAM membership
- City Managers and Administrators: Devoted to issues and trends facing local government managers and administrators. Must be a member of Minnesota City/County Management Association (MCMA) to join this forum.
Learn about MCMA membership
- GreenStep Cities: Devoted to issues and trends surrounding GreenStep Cities. Member must be a GreenStep City participant or must be staff person of GreenStep City partner organization to sign up for this forum. Please note: Only one elected member from each city may be added to the forum.
Learn about becoming a GreenStep City
- Mayors: Devoted to issues of interest to mayors. Must be a member of Minnesota Mayors Association (MMA) to join this forum. For information about MMA, contact Kellie Sundheim at email@example.com.
- MN PRIMA Risk Managment: Devoted to addressing current risk management and loss control issues in a practical, cost-effective, and professional manner through the exchange of information. Must be a member of the Public Risk Management Association, Minnesota Chapter Inc. (MN PRIMA) to join this forum.
Learn more about MN PRIMA membership
Read more about member forums vs. listservs
Sign up for member forums
Member forums login
View the Quick Guide to Using Member Forums (pdf)