Minnesota Erosion Control Association Accepting Nominations for 2014 Awards
Each year, the Minnesota Erosion Control Association (MECA) recognizes outstanding individuals and projects. MECA is accepting nominations now, and the awards will be presented at the MECA 2014 Conference on March 6.
If you know of a person or a project that deserves recognition, MECA invites you to submit a nomination today. The deadline for submissions is Jan. 10.
The MECA Board of Directors will review nominations and determine the winners.
The award categories are:
- Innovation Award. Awarded to an individual, company, government agency, or organization that developed new products/ideas that advanced the field of erosion and sediment control, or stormwater management.
- Industry Leadership. Awarded to an individual, company, government agency, or organization that has demonstrated leadership in the erosion and sediment control, or stormwater management field.
- Environmental Excellence. Awarded to an individual, company, government agency, or organization for a project that is deemed excellent based on many factors including, but not limited to; innovation, partnership, water quality and quantity protection, and project success.
- Environmental Leadership. Awarded to an individual, company, government agency, or organization that has shown leadership in advancing effective erosion and sediment control and stormwater management or other water resource-related fields that have advanced water resource quality in Minnesota.
- MECA Recognition Award. Awarded to an individual who has been actively involved with MECA and contributed significant time and effort to MECA’s work.
For more information and a nomination form, contact MECA at (320) 685-5444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the current issue of the Cities Bulletin